It may get repetitive eating the same old home food this lockdown.
Try our unique take on Idli and share your reviews in the comments section below.
1 kg idli rawa
300 gm urad dal
5 table spoon crushed strawberries (fresh or canned)
- Soak Idli rawa and urad dal for 3 hours.
- Grind the soaked urad dal.
- Mix well the idli rawa and grinded urad dal. Add more water as needed and whisk them well.
- Add salt as per taste
- Keep for fermentation for 5 hours
- Later add strawberry crush and mix well. Check the salt. Add salt, if required.
- Grease the idli stand with oil and take a ladle of batter and fill the idli mould.
- Add ½ cup of water in the idli steamer and let it boil. Put the idli stand inside and close the lid.
- Let the steam build for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with coconut chutney.
For more such recipes that spice up your day to day meals, follow @thebykehotels_india on Instagram!