As a vegetarian, getting your daily intake of protein can be tricky. Our Head Chef and Nutrition Specialist at The Byke Hotels, have gathered up 5 common protein rich ingredients for you to include in your daily diet.
- Greek Yogurt: More commonly known as, Chakka. Greek yogurt, along with its creamy texture can be added to curries or imply enjoyed with some honey and nuts.
2. Lentils: Lentils have been a common part of the Indian diet for ages and continues to be one of the main sources of protein. Dal is very common preparation using lentils, it can also be added to soups to thicken and give a hearty taste.
3. Peas: We usually consume these delicious legumes as part of a pulao or a side dish. But peas can be a star of the dish too! Use peas to make the most creamy pea soup or make a spicy mattar paneer, to please your Indian taste buds!
4. Paneer: Also known as Cottage Cheese. This soft, creamy and versatile ingredients is an essential part of the Indian Vegetarian household. Tofu can be an equally delicious substitute for the vegans and lactose intolerant.
5. Beans: Among the hundreds of kinds of beans, chickpeas (Kabuli Chana), kidney beans (rajma), black beans etc. Beans are great, as a part of curries and soups as they lend a creamy and delicious flavor.
To taste such healthy and nutritious sources of protein in a delicious way, visit The Byke Hotels & Resorts. You can also reserve a table at any of our Farm Fresh and Spice Lounge outlets, offering scrumptious pure vegetarian multi-cuisine delicacies across 14+ cities in India.